keepsake hand print paper
This paper was made with the 5 x 7" mold and deckle from the Going
Green Papermaking kit.
It requires working with two vats filled with contrasting colored pulp.
In this case we used one vat of white recycled paper pulp, and a second vat
of white recycled paper blended with several sheets of green tissue paper.
1. Make a base sheet of one couch and couch onto a felt.
2. Rinse your mold and deckle well.
3. Place the deckle on the mold and place a child's hand on the center
of the screen, with fingers slightly spread. Hold the mold firmly and use
your thumb to help hold the child's hand in place. Encourage the child to
press their hand onto the screen, and to try to keep their hand still, as
you dip the mold into the second vat.
4. Let the pulp drain for a moment and ask the child to lift their hand
straight up. If a piece of pulp is accidentally moved, gently push it back
5. Couch the new sheet directly on top of the first sheet, and press and
dry as you normally would.
What to do next? Frame it, hang it, attach it to a handmade card,
embellish it with color, etc. Enjoy!